Year 3/4 - Miss Watterson - Amethyst
Welcome to Year 3 & 4 Amethyst class my name is Miss Watterson and I teach Year 3 & 4, working alongside us in Amethyst class are Mrs Eliff, Mrs Sewell, Mrs Potts and Mrs Nind . Amethyst class enjoy learning together and have many exciting topics planned this year. In our classroom we have an exciting role play area which changes with our topic, a class set of laptops and lots of great resources to help us with our learning. We love reading in Year 3&4 and try to read as much as possible at home to support us with our learning at school. When we read at home we get to move up on our reading rocket, moving closer to the shooting star, reaching the shooting star means we will receive a certificate or even a prize! We are looking forward to a great year as Year 3&4 Amethyst and hope to learn together to be the best we can be.
- read a range of stories which are set in space
- present data in a range of forms and ask and answer questions about it
- investigate the different planets up in space and their relative sizes
- design and build a ‘Moon Buggy’ and see which type of wheels make our buggy’s travel furthest
- investigate magnets and springs to find out what effects magnets have on each other and other materials
- find out the forces associated with magnets and springs