Year 2 - Mrs Woo & Mrs Allen - Sapphire
Welcome to Y2 Sapphire Class.
My name is Mrs Woo and I teach Sapphire Class on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
My name is Mrs Allen and I teach Sapphire Class on Thursday and Friday!
We are helped by Mrs Nind, Mrs Maske and Mrs Murray.
We hope you all enjoy learning in our class and are looking forward to lots of new and exciting challenges in Y2.
We expect you to always listen carefully and try to do your best. In our classroom we have a reading area and a role play area, as well as an interactive whiteboard and our own set of laptops.
Our class take their reading books home every day. If you read at home and your home/school communication book is signed, you will get a sticker. For every five stickers you will get a raffle ticket - put your name on the ticket and put it in the box! At the end of each half term we will draw a winning ticket and the winner will receive a prize! How many tickets can you get in the box?
Y2 topic next half term will be 'Superstars of the Past'. We will be:
- learning about Elizabeth I, Pocahontas and William Shakespeare and their importance in history
- writing stories based on the Pocahontas story
- writing non-fiction information text on William Shakespeare as well as reading comic strip versions of some of his stories
- learning about Elizabethan food, and then making some healthy fruit kebabs
- ensuring all our science knowledge is up to date ready to be superstars in Y3!